Understanding the card process cycle can be important to helping to prevent fraud on your account. See the notes below the info-graphic for critical steps that you can take.
Here are the important steps you can take to help prevent fraud on your account.
- Keep your personal information private! Do not give personal or account information over the phone if you are uncertain of the origination of the call. If in doubt hang up and call the financial institution on a publicly listed phone number.
- Use strong passwords and do not use birth dates or street addresses for PIN's.
- On websites try to use two form identification whenever possible. (This would require a message via e-mail or cell phone to gain access to your account.)
- Monitor all your accounts for suspicious activity regularly.
- If you have ANY QUESTIONS do not hesitate to call us at 402-489-8886.